Help us to contain COVID-19 Thank you for being responsible!
From October 12, the form can only be filled in electronically.
Every traveler has access to a 48-hour window, during which, before crossing the border of the Republic of Latvia, the form has to be filled-in and submitted electronically.
The certificate can also be filled in by a third party and several options can be used to transfer the information:
- Send the received QR code by e-mail;
- If the e-mail is not available, the person filling in the questionnaire can send the QR code ID (letter and number combination) to your mobile phone in a text message;
- If it is not possible to receive a QR code, you can name personal data that are entered in the form; these can be verified via the covidpass.lv system.
Yes, the certificate must be completed each time for oneself, children and guardians, except in cases specifically provided for in Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 360.
Once every 30 days it is allowed to submit a form only for:
1. Citizens and permanent residents of the EU Member States who cross the Latvian land border with other EU countries on a daily basis:
1.1. in connection with employment, if the border crossing is necessary for performing work or service duties and the person has a document certifying the fact of employment (including drivers conducting international freight or passenger transport within the EU land borders, presenting a document certifying the fact of employment);
1.2. for a child supervision service or for the acquisition of formal education in person at the pre-school education level (by presenting a certificate issued by the service provider or the educational institution);
1.3. for the acquisition of formal education in person at the level of primary, secondary and higher education, as well as in vocational education programs in the fields of art and culture, this also applies to persons accompanying a minor or adult learner with special needs (presenting a certificate issued by an educational institution).
2. Declared residents of Valka municipality and Valga parish who cross the Latvian land border with Estonia on a daily basis. If a resident of Valka municipality or Valga municipality returns from a country after which self-isolation is required, the person must comply with the requirements specified in Latvia.
The address of residence has to be entered as precisely as possible, considering that a free text field has to be filled in.
There is a free-form "Notes" field in the form, where you can enter additional information about the special situation (for example, that you are going to a funeral, be an employee invited by LIAA, a guest artist, athlete, diplomat, etc.
If it is not possible to receive a QR code, you may also present a combination of numbers and letters received from the QR code or name personal data entered in the form. The responsible officials will find your confirmation in the Covidpass.lv system.